There are many convenient benefits of investing in an EDC knife EDC knife. From prying windows open and cutting stray threads from shirts to opening packages more easily, there is plenty an EDC knife can help with. The good news is that you can accrue all of these benefits and more at an affordable cost. In fact, why don’t you take a look at some of the best EDC knives under $100 in this guide?
1. Kershaw Ken 1660 Onion Leek
The Kershaw Ken 1660 Onion Leek is a stainless steel blade that has a bead-blasted finish and is one of the best EDC knives. The blade is 3″ long, while the handle is 4″ long. Both the blade and handle are made from different materials i.e. Sandvik 14C2N steel and 410 stainless steel respectively. Another factor that makes this knife popular is that it has great edge retention. The predrilled holes on the handle make it easy for you side on which the knife carries or at least the tip position.
- Compact and slim design.
- High performance blade with great edge retention.
- SpeedSafe helps open the blade.
- Handle may slip if you use this knife for digging.
2. Spyderco Tenacious Folding Knife
The Spyderco Tenacious Folding Knife boasts a plain edge with good retention, easy deployment and a beautiful design. The blade itself is made with light steel and as such, easy to carry around. It has the shape of a leaf, making ultra-shaping a walk in the park. The deployment technology and pocket clip provide much needed convenience. Lastly, the handle is incredibly comfortable to hold.
- 4-way pocket clip for easy portability.
- Makes sharp blade cuts smooth.
- Lightweight and easy to deploy.
- Light steel makes the knife easy to bend.
3. Gerber Paraframe Mini Knife
The Gerber Paraframe Mini Knife comes with a clip point blade that’s made from high carbon stainless steel. It is the smallest knife in Gerber’s Paraframe series with a 2.2″ blade and overall length of 5.0 inches. Gerber uses an open design for the handle to provide a firm grip while keeping the weight minimal. You will hardly notice the knife in your pocket since it only weighs 1.5 ounces.
- Negligible weight.
- Compact size blade and handle with a nice grip.
- Offers good value for your money.
- Clip is of lower quality than the rest of the knife.
4. Kershaw 15550G10 Cyro G10
The Kershaw 15550G10 Cyro G10 is one of the best EDC knives for its durable yet lightweight construction. You can carry it with minimal effort. The fact that it’s made from a cheap stainless steel doesn’t mean that it sacrifices on quality or performance. In any case, the blade is easy to sharpen and retains its edge for a long time. The knife can also be deployed with a finger and the pocket clip allows for easy carrying.
- Pointed blade makes cutting easier.
- Easy and fast deployment.
- Pocket clip allows for easy carrying.
- May bend due to light steel.
5. Benchmade Griptilian 551 Knife
Benchmade is a respected manufacturer known for high quality pocket knives. The Griptillian 551 knife boasts a patented Axis lock and a 3.4″ blade forged of 154CM stainless steel. At 3.5 ounces, it is surprisingly lightweight and easy to carry around. Also included is a Noryl GTX handle that provides a firm grip. You can also get the Mini Griptilian (model 556), which is weighs 2.5 ounces. It is $10 cheaper and 0.5″ shorter than the Griptilian 551.
- Comfortable ergonomics.
- Proven and well respected blade.
- Basic folding knife with durable construction.
6. Zero Tolerance 0350
The Zero Tolerance 0350 is one of the best EDC knives, a high performance knife that comes with a S30V stainless steel blade. It is insanely sharp and has good edge retention. The G10 handle offers a firm grip with rough texturing. The locking mechanism is quite tight and the liner lock itself contains more steel that most knives have in their entire frame. Compared to other EDC knives on this list, the Tolerance 0350 is a little bulky. This is a little price to pay for the solid everyday performance it offers.
- Stainless steel blade is coated with black tungsten DLC.
- Has SpeedSafe assisted opening feature.
- Textured G10 handle with good grip.
- Includes Quad mounting system.
7. Ontario Knife RAT-1 Knife
The Ontario Knife RAT-1 is a small folding knife that’s designed to deliver high performance. It comes with a durable blade capable of great edge retention. The deployment technology is quite effective while the locking mechanism makes it easy to grab and pull on objects. Ontario offers this knife in a variety of handle colors as well as blade shapes. The main concern is that deploying the knife takes a while.
- Effective deployment technology.
- Locking technology makes it easy to grab objects.
- Safe to carry around.
- Durable blade with good edge retention.
- Deployment takes a while.
There are many EDC knives ranging from fixed blades to folding knives. And while high-end models will offer you premium features, you don’t have to spend a lot to enjoy the benefits of a high performance blade. When shopping for the best EDC knives, make sure you choose one that offers increased functionality and delivers exceptional performance. Our top recommendation is the Kershaw Ken 1660 Onion Leek, a stainless steel knife with durable construction and great edge retention.